FOSTER CITY, CA - (November 12, 2014) Conversica, the leading provider of sales conversion management software for marketing, inside sales and sales organizations, has published an infographic addressing common lead management practices and how they create a divide between marketing and sales, resulting in lower sales conversion rates. A complimentary copy of the infographic can be downloaded at www.conversica.com/marketing-sales-divide.
While marketing and sales organizations share the same goal of increasing sales revenues, there is often a clear disconnect in their respective expectations of lead qualification. Marketing provides a high volume of leads that have been scored and qualified within marketing automation tools, but sales teams still struggle to contact and engage leads and convert them to sales because in reality they have not been pre-qualified with intent to buy.
According to recent research, the divide between marketing and sales appears to be a widespread problem:
- Only 25 percent of leads are legitimate and should advance to sales (Gleanster Research)
- 61 percent of B2B marketers send all leads directly to sales; however, only 27 percent of those leads will be qualified (MarketingSherpa)
- 79 percent of marketing leads never convert into sales (MarketingSherpa)
Conversica’s infographic covers the key obstacles to successful sales conversion, including:
- How marketing often falls short in providing truly qualified leads to sales
- Why lead scoring by marketing automation software is too vague to determine purchase intent
- Why sales teams are working inefficiently and missing prime sales opportunities
- Why having insight into a lead’s intention to buy is critical to higher sales conversion rates
“It’s time to finally bridge the divide between marketing and sales in organizations that are not achieving their sales conversion goals,” said Mark A. Bradley, chief executive officer at Conversica. “Conversica’s infographic makes a strong case for exploring automated solutions that can contact, engage, nurture, qualify and follow-up with leads without the need for human interaction. As such, sales teams can finally sort and prioritize leads based on purchase intent and focus on closing those hot leads.”
A complimentary copy of the Conversica infographic, “Solving the Marketing and Sales Divide,” can be downloaded for a limited time from www.conversica.com/marketing-sales-divide.