FOSTER CITY, CA - (12 December, 2017) Category Leader in Conversational AI Recognized as One of the Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies in the World
FOSTER CITY, CA—December 12, 2017—Conversica, the leader in conversational AI for business, has been honored with inclusion in the prestigious CB Insights’ AI 100 list, a select group of the 100 most promising artificial intelligence companies in the world. Conversica was chosen after a rigorous qualitative and quantitative assessment of more than 1,650 nominated companies. CB Insights CEO and co-founder Anand Sanwal will reveal the full list of AI 100 companies at the A-ha! conference this week in San Francisco.
This is just the most recent nod the company has received—Conversica is a Gartner Cool Vendor, was named to the San Francisco Business Times “Fast 100,” has recently won the Salesforce Dreamforce Demo Jam, is a Red Herring Global 100 award winner and has been in included in the Inc. 5000 for two years running.
“This recognition is the icing on the cake of what has been a truly amazing year,” said Alex Terry, CEO of Conversica. “As the only provider of AI-driven lead engagement software for marketing and sales organizations, we’re productizing and commercializing artificial intelligence in a way that others can only talk about. Our offering is used by more than 1,000 companies worldwide, and we’re seeing accelerated growth year over year. We’re very excited about applying conversational AI to solve important business problems, and it’s wonderful to see that others are excited about it, too.”
Conversica automates and improves routine business conversations using virtual assistants powered by artificial intelligence. The company’s flagship AI Sales Assistant engages every lead in a human conversation to qualify more of them for the sales team, freeing humans to spend more time closing business.
The AI 100 recognition caps a year of notable milestones for the company, including:
- Increasing annual recurring revenue by 50%, with sales to new customers and significant expansions in existing accounts
- Growing the customer base to over 1,200 companies, adding customers in a variety of industries such as technology, financial services and education; new customers include Box, New Relic, Microsoft, Northwestern Mutual, Embraer, Salsa Labs and Avalara
- Releasing significant new AI capabilities—including new AI assistants, new communication channels, new assistant languages, new reporting capabilities, and meeting scheduling capabilities—and processing nearly 300 million messages through the company’s conversational AI platform
- Expanding its executive management team with the addition of Dr. Sid J. Reddy as Chief Scientist, Brian Kaminski as Chief Customer Officer, and Victor Belfor as Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Adding important new employees in engineering, data science, operations, customer success and sales, growing the company to over 170 people
The CB Insights research team selected the AI 100 companies after examining company-submitted data and each company’s Mosaic Score. The Mosaic Score, based on CB Insights’ National Science Foundation-funded algorithm, measures the overall health and growth potential of private companies. Through this evidence-based, statistically-driven approach, the Mosaic Score can help predict a company’s momentum, market health and financial viability.
For more information on Conversica’s award-winning solutions:
- Watch a short introductory video
- Read success stories from customers
- Attend a live demo and Q&A session
Conversica is the leader in conversational AI for business and the only provider of AI-driven lead engagement software for marketing and sales organizations. The flagship Conversica® AI Sales Assistant helps companies find and secure customers more quickly and efficiently by automatically contacting, engaging, qualifying and following up with leads via natural, two-way conversations. Used by more than 1,000 companies worldwide, Conversica’s sales assistants are built on a proven AI platform integrating natural language processing (NLP), natural language generation (NLG), and machine learning (ML) capabilities and engage prospects over multiple communication channels and in multiple languages. Recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor, Conversica is a portfolio company of Providence Equity, Kennet Partners and Toba Capital and is headquartered in Foster City, California.